CSG Forte Payments, Inc. (“CSG Forte”) offers payment solutions that assist organizations to accept and process their payments in a secure manner. CSG Forte is a leading provider of payment processing and risk management services to tens of thousands of organizations located throughout North America.
CSG Forte will collect the personal information that you provide when you apply or sign up for an account or other services, go through our identity or account verification process, authenticate your account, communicate with us, answer our surveys, upload content, or otherwise use CSG Forte’s Services. Additionally, you can choose to voluntarily provide information to us.
Information collected may include but is not limited to:
• Identification information. Your name; email address; mailing address; phone number; photograph; birthdate; passport, driver’s license, Social Security, Taxpayer Identification, or other government-issued identification; or other historical, contact, and demographic information when you apply or sign up for a CSG Forte account or other services, signature, and authentication credentials (for example, information you use to login to your account), including IP address.
• Financial information. Information such as bank account, payment card numbers, credit reports, and other publicly available information.
• Tax information. Withholding allowances and tax filing status.
• Transaction information. When you use our services to make, accept, request, or record payments, we collect information about when and where the transactions occur, the names of the transacting parties, a description of the transactions, the payment or transfer amounts, and the devices and payment methods used to complete the transactions.
• Precise geolocation and device information. Device IP information (such as address, model, operating system, and browser information).
• Business information. Information about products and services you sell (including inventory, pricing, and other data) and other information you provide about you or your business (including appointment, staffing availability, employee, payroll, and contact data).
• Employee information. Information provided to a seller using our services, for example information about employees whose employers use CSG Forte payroll or employee management (including hours worked and other timecard data).
• Customer information. Information you collect from your customers, including email address, phone number, payment information, or other information.
• Other information you provide. Information that you voluntarily provide to us, including your survey responses; participation in contests, promotions, or other prospective seller marketing forms or devices; suggestions for improvements; referrals; or any other actions performed on the services.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide the services to you and to provide you with a safe, smooth, and efficient customer experience. Subject to your consent if required by law, CSG Forte may use your personal information for the following reasons (this is not a definitive list):
• Complete your requested payment transactions.
• Prevent, detect, and investigate fraud and enforce our policies.
• Analyze usage in order to provide, develop, and improve our services.
• Personalize your CSG Forte experience.
• Provide updates to you on CSG Forte products.
• Develop new products and services.
• Deliver the information and support you request.
• Improve, personalize, and analyze trends and usage in connection with your use or the performance of our service.
• Communicate with you about our services including conducting surveys and collecting feedback about services.
CSG Forte does not sell or rent your personal information to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We may share your personal information, (subject to your consent if required by law) as described below:
• With our service providers that help us to operate our business.
• With businesses we have contracted with (and their service providers) in order to allow their customers (you) to process payments using any of CSG Forte’s products and services.
• We will share your personal information in order to complete your transaction(s), provide customer service, prevent fraud, and resolve disputes.
• With the issuer of your card or account (and their service providers) in order to process your transactions, provide customer service, prevent fraud, and resolve disputes.
• With law enforcement, government agencies, or authorized third parties in order to fulfill legal obligations such as responding to subpoenas, investigate, or prevent potential or suspected illegal activity, fraud, or violations of the CSG Forte’s terms of service.
• To obtain commercial and credit information to establish, maintain, or renew your contract(s), as may be required to provide any of the services for which you have subscribed, to comply with the rules and regulations of any credit or debit card payment network or otherwise in accordance with this policy.
Depending on your location and subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights and choices with regard to your personal information which include the following:
Right to be informed
Right to opt out
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails or via the settings. CSG Forte will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages that are required to provide you with our services.
Right to access
In certain circumstances, you may have the right to request confirmation of whether CSG Forte processes personal data to you, where, and for what purpose and if so, to request a copy of that personal data.
In addition to other applicable rights above, users in the following regions and countries should read the sections below, which contain additional information about regional-specific privacy laws and regulations. In the event of conflict between the information above and the sections below, the sections below will prevail for the regions and countries specified.
European economic area and Canada
• International data transfers/storage/processing
• Right to data portability (EEA only)
In certain circumstances, you may have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format and to request that we transmit that data to another company.
• Right to erasure
In certain circumstances, you may have the right to erasure which entitles you to have CSG Forte erase your personal data, cease further dissemination of the data, and potentially have third parties halt processing of the data in certain circumstances provided by law.
• Right to restrict processing
You may have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal data in certain circumstances (for example, where you believe that the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or unlawfully held). Where the processing of your personal data is based on your previously given consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
• Right to rectification
You may have the right to obtain from CSG Forte and without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you have the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
• If you are a California resident, you may ask us subject to certain limits under California law (i) to refrain from sharing your personal information with certain of our affiliates and other third parties for their marketing purposes (ii) to provide a list of certain categories of personal data CSG Forte disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding year and (iii)the identity of those third parties. Requests should be sent to legal@ Forte.net.
To exercise your data protection rights, you may contact CSG Forte as described in the questions section below. We take each request seriously and will comply with your request to the extent required by applicable law. CSG Forte will not be able to respond to a request if we no longer hold your personal data.
If you are a customer of a CSG Forte user, please direct your requests directly to the user. For example, if you are making, or have made, a purchase from a merchant using CSG Forte as a payment processor, and you have a request that is related to the payment information that you provided as part of the purchase transaction, then you should address your request directly to the merchant.
Subject to your consent if required by law, we may anonymize or aggregate your personal information in such a way as to ensure that you are not identified or identifiable from it. We may share anonymized or aggregated data with our affiliates and with other third parties. This policy does not restrict CSG Forte's use or sharing of any non-personal, summarized, derived, anonymized, or aggregated information (i.e., volumes, totals, averages, etc.).
Our services are general audience services not directed at children under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information.
CSG Forte gives merchants' authorized personnel the ability to set system access and user permissions on an individual basis, including system view and administrative settings.
Subject to your consent if required by applicable law, we may use your personal information to provide you with marketing information about our products and services as well as those of our affiliates and third parties, and we may permit those affiliates or other third parties to send their own marketing to you. Our marketing may be by email, telephone, post, SMS, or such other method(s) as may become relevant.
We will take steps to seek to ensure that any marketing from us and which is sent by electronic means will provide a simple means for you to stop further communications, in accordance with applicable law. For example, in emails, we may provide you with an “unsubscribe” link or an email address to which you can send an opt-out request. In addition, if we need your consent for marketing communications under applicable law, and if you provide your consent, you will be able to change your mind at any time.
How you can see or change your account personal data. If You would like to review, correct, or update personal data that you have previously disclosed to us, you may do so by signing in to your CSG Forte account or by contacting us.
CSG Forte retains personal information of all CSG Forte users as long as CSG Forte is providing services to the user. CSG Forte retains personal information after we cease providing services, even if the CSG Forte account is closed to the extent necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, and for the purpose of fraud monitoring, detection, and prevention. We also retain personal information to comply with our tax, accounting, and financial reporting obligations, where we are required to retain the data by our contractual commitments to our financial partners, and where data retention is mandated by the payment methods that we support. Where we retain data, we do so in accordance with any limitation periods and records retention obligations that are imposed by applicable law.
In order to exercise your data protection rights, you may contact CSG Forte using the contact information below. CSG Forte takes each request seriously. CSG Forte will comply with your request to the extent required by applicable law. CSG Forte will not be able to respond to a request if we no longer hold your personal data. If you feel that you have not received a satisfactory response from us, you may consult with the data protection authority in your country.