Forte Payment Systems provides its services to you subject to the following terms and conditions. If you visit or use this website or any of our other related websites, you accept these terms and conditions. Please read them carefully. In order to use the services offered on this website, you must obtain access to the World Wide Web, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access. In addition, you must provide all of your own equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer and modem or other access device. Forte Payment Systems reserves the right to refuse access to this website at any time in its sole discretion. For purposes of this Legal Policy, any use of the name Forte Payment Systems or a derivative of that name shall include all successors and/or assigns of that company.
All content on this website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, and images is the property of Forte Payment Systems or its content suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws. The selection, arrangement, and presentation of all materials on this website (including information in the public domain), and the overall design of this website is the exclusive property of Forte Payment Systems and is protected by United States and international copyright laws. All software on this site is the property of Forte Payment Systems or its software suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws.
Forte Payment Systems, ATMVerify, ATMCheck, IDVerify, and other Forte Payment Systems products and services and achdirect.com graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are registered trademarks or trade dress of Forte Payment Systems. Forte Payment Systems’ trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product, or service that is not Forte Payment Systems’, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Forte Payment Systems, its products, or services or this website. All other trademarks not owned by Forte Payment Systems that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Forte Payment Systems.
License and site access
Forte Payment Systems, ATMVerify, ATMCheck, IDVerify, and other Forte Payment Systems products and services and achdirect.com graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are registered trademarks or trade dress of Forte Payment Systems. Forte Payment Systems’ trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product, or service that does not belong to Forte Payment Systems, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Forte Payment Systems, its products, or services, or this website. All other trademarks not owned by Forte Payment Systems that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Forte Payment Systems.
Your personal information
If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your personal information (including any applicable account number and password, if you have registered as a merchant with Forte Payment Systems) and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You should notify Forte Payment Systems immediately if you believe there has been unauthorized use of your account or password or any other breach of this site’s security.
Disclaimer of warranties and limitation of liability
This site is provided by Forte Payment Systems on as “as is” and “as available” basis. Forte Payment Systems makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this site or the information, content, materials, products, or services included on this site. You expressly agree that your use of this site is at your sole risk and that you are solely responsible for the accuracy of the personal and payment information that you provide. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Forte Payment Systems disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Forte Payment Systems does not warrant that this site, its services, or emails sent from Forte Payment Systems are free of viruses or other harmful components. Forte Payment Systems (as well as its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, and stockholders) will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this website or for disruptions in service on this site, regardless of the cause, including (without limitation) direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages. Forte Payment Systems assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, misdelivery, or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings. Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations may not apply to you, and you might have additional rights.
Other legal terms and conditions
Addendum — Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) requirements
- In compliance with FCRA requirements, Merchant is hereby instructed to provide to any and all customers whose payments are declined by Merchant based solely upon a decline response received from Forte Payment Systems, a means through which the customer may investigate and challenge non-acceptance of the payment. Merchant shall provide a notice of such procedure to any such declined customers in writing, in a form substantially similar to the following:“We regret to inform you that we were unable to accept your payment based on financial account information received from the below-named company:
Forte Payment Systems 500 W. Bethany Drive, Suite 200
Allen, Texas 75013
866-290-5400, Option 1
or ask for Customer Service – Verification ServicesYou have the right to be told the nature of the financial account information that was provided by this company upon making a written request to the company at the contact information provided above within sixty (60) days of receipt of this notification.“
- The following is a list of permissible uses for the data received through Forte Payment Systems’ Verification and Authentication Services (the “Services”) in accordance with section 604(a) of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”):• In response to a court order or Federal grand jury;
• In accordance with the written instructions of the consumer to whom the information relates;
• In connection with a credit transaction involving the consumer on whom the information is to be furnished and involving the extension of credit to, or review or collection of an account of, the consumer;
• For employment purposes;
• In connection with the underwriting of insurance involving the consumer;
• To determine the consumer’s eligibility for a license or other benefit granted by a governmental instrumentality required by law to consider an applicant’s financial responsibility or status;
• As a potential investor or servicer, or current insurer, in connection with a valuation of, or an assessment of the credit or prepayment risks associated with, an existing credit obligation;
• Otherwise having a legitimate business need for the information, including a) in connection with a business transaction that is initiated by the consumer; and b) to review an account to determine whether the consumer continues to meet the terms of the account.
• For use by state and local officials in connection with the determination of child support payments, modifications, or enforcement thereof.
Per occurrence fees — ACH
See Appendix A of your merchant agreement for definition of fees.
If you have any questions about this legal policy, the practices of this website, or your dealings with Forte Payment Systems, please email [email protected] or call 866-290-5400.