TCPA REQUIREMENTS FOR MERCHANTS
What Are TCPA Requirements?
Merchants utilizing the Text-To-Pay Services are required to comply with the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
Merchant hereby warrants and represents its compliance with the TCPA, including but not limited to the following:
- Customers provide express written consent to receive SMS communications regarding their account(s) with Merchant before receiving texts, making the customer a Subscriber.
- Subscribers receive a disclosure, including:
- Merchant’s name,
- purpose and frequency of SMS communications,
- notice that message and data rates may apply,
- instructions for help, and
- instructions for how to opt-out.
- Subscribers are provided a link to terms and conditions.
- Subscribers are only contacted between the hours of 8am and 9pm of their local time zone.
- All SMS communications include:
- Merchant’s name
- a way for Subscribers to opt-out of future messages.
- Communication processes abide by the National Do Not Call Registry and honor opt-outs.